Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions you may have. Please keep in mind that responding to your message again will push your original message to the back of our queue. We answer the oldest questions first, so if you respond to this thread it may take us a little longer than usual to get back to you.
What is the Blacklight Run™?
Let’s start by saying that Blacklight Run™ is not a race, and is not a competitive category of running; Blacklight Run™ is a new category of 5K fun runs that we created to reintroduce you to your inner child.
Participants run, walk, dance and play across 3 miles rad real estate. Glowing powder stations are encountered at each kilometer along the course.
Other than the fact that they’re serious about having fun, runners in the Blacklight Run™ range from first timers (plenty) to seasoned competitors. But there are no medals, no race clock, no timing chips, no ESPN coverage. Take your time and don’t worry about setting a PR. But if you must, time your run with your own device. It’s cool.
How can I transfer my registration to someone else?
4. Enter the email address for the “New Participant”. You will be responsible for paying the transfer fee of $5.47. The “New Participant” will be responsible for paying any new registration fee that applies. Once the new participant claims the registration, your old registration will be canceled and your entry fee will be refunded.
5. The new participant will receive a confirmation registration email from Active.
6. In the confirmation email, “Click Claim” registration.
7. Fill out the registration form with the new participant’s information.
8. Read and check the waivers/agreements carefully, then sign the waiver and click Continue
9. On the Checkout page, enter your credit card information and select continue to pay the new fee.
10. You will then receive a new confirmation email and receipt.
What else should I bring?
In addition to a fun attitude, big smile and high fives, we suggest bringing a baggie for your cell phone or camera and perhaps a change of shoes. We recommend bringing some swim goggles or glasses to cover your eyes if you are concerned with powder getting in–especially if you wear contacts! Also consider purchasing one of our super neat Blacklight Run™ drawstring backpacks to tote your items in style! As we will not have storage facilities on site, please plan to bring only what you can carry with you onto the course.
Can I run with my dog?
We love dogs, but the Blacklight Run™ is canine free.
How can I view/edit my registration information, team, packet pickup group, or purchase additional goodies?
You can do all the above directly from your user account by first following the two simple steps below:
- Go to your confirmation email & click “My Events” near the bottom
- Log-in to Active.com, and find your event
From there, you will see the options to:
- View & Edit Registration
- Purchase additional merchandise
- Transfer to another event
- Manage family and friends packet pickup
- Create/join a team or manage your team
There may be additional options available depending upon selections made during the registration process such as team members or signing your waiver.
What is included with my registration fee?
- Admission to Blacklight Run™.
- Race t-shirt
- Blacklight Run™ tattoo
- Race bib number with safety pins
This does not include any purchased merchandise. This can be picked up at the race. Just jump ahead to the preorder line at our Blacklight Run™ store and pick up your gear!
Can a friend pick up my packet?
Sure thing! Make sure your waiver was signed, then just give the designated picker-upper a copy of your registration receipt (the one with the scancode). Easy Peasy.
*If you are unable to attend Packet Pickup on the day right before the event, it will be reserved for you on Event Day for a fee. There is a $5.00 fee per packet, per paid participant on Event Day, cash only. To avoid paying this fee, please attend Packet Pickup in person the day prior, or send a friend with a copy of your race barcode.
Can I transfer to another city/date?
4. Select your NEW Event/Location and hit continue.
Is this family friendly? Do I register my child, under 5, if they are free entry?
All ages are welcome! This is a great family event with lots of fun, glow, music, and memories. Kids 5 and under are free and do not need to be registered.
What is your refund policy?
What is your weather policy?
Adverse weather: As stated in the waiver there are no refunds due to adverse weather. In the event that weather or other unforeseeable conditions are deemed by the event organizers and/or City Officials to be potentially hazardous to participants, glowin’teers and staff, the organizers reserve the right to postpone the start time or cancel the event outright. Cancellation of the event may take place either prior to the start of the event or at any time while the event is taking place.
There will be no refunds or deferrals for weather cancellation.
SPONSORS & VENDORS
Sponsorships and Vendors